- Create a container instance, from the Azure Portal: https://portal.azure.com/#home
- Create a Resource – Containers – Create a Container Instance: https://portal.azure.com/#blade/HubsExtension/BrowseResourceBlade/resourceType/Microsoft.ContainerInstance%2FcontainerGroups
- Basics – using the “entitystream/custodian:latest” docker image
- Container Requirements – key stuff is:
- Container Type: Linux
- Ports: 80 only need to be opened
- Click OK and Azure will create you a container instance within a few minutes
- Navigate to http://«ipaddress» using chrome
- Activate the server on the browser
You will be required on first use to register your installation using your google or linked in account – if you do not complete this process within one hour of the server starting then the server will shutdown and you will need to start it (ESSServer) again to be able to complete the registration.
YOU ARE INSTALLING AN UNSUPPORTED INSTALLATION: IF YOU WISH FOR YOUR INSTALLATION TO BE SUPPORTED BY US, THEN YOU MUST PURCHASE A PAID SUPPORT PLAN.